An important aspect of the collegiate experience is finding ways to get involved, participate in the community, and connect with your peers outside the classroom. Here at APU we believe every student has the potential to reach new goals and find their passion. We are dedicated to helping students develop unique programs and opportunities to help them find their passion and achieve their goals.
There are many benefits to joining a student organization or getting involved in other activities while in school. You will make friends, develop leadership skills, practice working as part of a team, learn to set and achieve goals, share your time and talents, and have fun, too! As you grow at APU, you will find that the more involved you are in the community, the more you will benefit from your experiences here.
Student Health Services Update
Through an agreement with the Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium (ANTHC), current Alaska Pacific University students paying the APU Wellness Fee are eligible to receive basic primary care services at the Alaska Native Medical Center Internal Medicine Clinic.
Location & Contact Information:
ANMC Internal Medicine Clinic
3900 Ambassador Drive, 3rd Floor
Anchorage, AK 99508
Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
To acquire basic primary care services at the ANMC Internal Medicine Clinic:
- APU Students may call ahead to schedule an appointment OR arrive as a walk-in
- APU Students must show APU ID with a current semester sticker
- Current semester stickers can be obtained for free at the APU IT Office on the first floor of Grant Hall on APU’s Main Campus.
The clinic is open 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday and is staffed with Nurse Practitioners and Internal Medicine physicians. Services* provided to APU Students will include:
- Treatment for minor illness and injury
- Routine and pre-participation physical exams
- Women’s and men’s health appointments
- Contraceptive counseling
- STI screening and treatment
- TB screening
- Stable chronic disease management (i.e., asthma, diabetes, hypertension)
*The cost of ancillary services, such as laboratory tests, imaging services, pharmacy items, elective surgical procedures, and services provided outside the internal medicine clinic for which students may be referred, are not included.
Below is a map of the APU/ANTHC campus. The building indicated by the red arrow is the clinic’s location.