Health Services Administration is a concentration within the MBA Program at APU. This program builds foundational, analytical, and integrated knowledge of the health service industry.
The program is aimed at current and future managers and administrators in organizations involved with providing health services, major customers of health service providers, and entities involved with developing and implementing health service policies. The program is based on solid business fundamentals with applications to a variety of health service settings, including the private sector (both for profit and not-for-profit), the public sector (local, state, and federal), and Native health service providers.
Courses are scheduled to accommodate the needs of working professionals and can be completed in two years based upon a sustained enrollment in 2 courses per semester (including summers and/or shorter block courses).
The following are the degree objectives for Health Services Administration
- Learn the business of health services such that its strategies and growth are soundly based in effective leadership and other business practices
- Enhance skills in critical thinking, ethics, and information literacy leading to better leadership decisions
- Contribute to the community of health services administration in Alaska while mastering business management skills
- Apply knowledge of systems to health services in Alaska, relating it to the national and global markets as a business, and to demographics as a provider of care to individuals
- Investigate technology options that increase the health services administrator’s ability to provide services locally while simultaneously participating in national initiatives of information interoperability and security
Application Date Requirements
- Priority: May 1st
- Late: August 1st
- Priority: November 1st
- Late: December 1st
- May 1st
Yukon Delta Fisheries Development Association Scholarship
A scholarship for students pursuing an undergraduate and graduate degree from Alakanuak, Emmonak, Grayling, Kotlik, Mountain Village and Nunam Iqua.
Cook Inlet Region Inc. Endowed Scholarship
An endowed scholarship for CIRI shareholders enrolled full-time.
William Randolph Hearst Alaska Native Endowed Scholarship
An endowed scholarship providing financial support to Alaska Native or Native American students.
Chenega Corporation Endowed Scholarship
An endowed scholarship for Chenega Corporation shareholders, their spouses, and descendants.
Institute & Program Area
APU’s Institute of Business & Public Policy promotes the advancement of knowledge, understanding, and reasoning in Business Administration, Management, and Public Policy. Honoring Alaska’s complex and distinctive organizational and business enterprises, the Institute prepares students to address and engage in stewardship of our peoples and communities, with relevance to the world.
Move on to the next challenge with purpose. Develop your career – or chart a new path – with the APU business degree that’s right for you. We maintain small class size and focus on relevant studies. Our faculty double as mentors throughout your program and beyond graduation. You’ll be among close-knit peers who value cooperation as much as competition. Flexible course schedules include your choice of degree programs delivered online and at night– without sacrificing network building. And our advising makes the most of your time as well as the transfer credits you’ve already earned.