Live in your world. Earn your MBA in ours.
‘APU has the perfect blend of academics, experienced faculty and an appreciation for my work-life balance.’ – Jason Metrokin, MBA ‘09, president and CEO of Bristol Bay Native Corp.
APU’s Master of Business Administration is a career-enhancing degree emphasizing practical knowledge and flexible schedules that keep working professionals in mind.
Deepen your knowledge of the arts and sciences while you gain mastery in core areas like organizational change, global strategy, problem solving, and written and oral communication.
MBA project-based learning is your foundation
- manage the APU student investment fund
- contribute expertise for the Alaska Business Plan Competition
- analyze real-world conditions for Alaska-based business
At APU, our faculty are your mentors
MBA students just like you are at work on resume-building projects in sectors ranging from telecommunications and nonprofits to banking and the oil industry.
Intentionally small class sizes promote student-faculty collaboration on projects like analyzing health care policy and modeling air cargo traffic projections, among other real-world challenges.
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Managerial Economics
- Marketing and Social Media
- Business Ethics
- Corporate Finance
- Capstone Course
- Fundamentals of Financial Instruments & Institutions
- Fund Management Practicum
- Risk Management & Derivatives
- Health Services Finances
- Health Service Systems & Policies
- Health Services Evaluation & Outcomes
- Health Services Ethical & Legal Issues
Quantitative Menu (choose one)
- Business Analytics
- Spreadsheet Modeling and Simulation
Students may choose the Thesis Option to complete electives. MBA electives are replaced by Designs and Principles of Research and Thesis
Application Date Requirements
August 1st for Fall, December 1st for Spring, April 1st for Summers