Fully Integrated Environmental Learning and Discovery
At Kellogg FIELD School we strive to encourage each student’s discovery of the joy of learning through hands-on activities in nearby nature, in their home community and to nourish healthy lifestyles with local nutritious whole foods. Our goal is to create holistic learners that pursue interests and solve problems by looking through a wide-angle lens, using scientific inquiry, historical understanding, cultural awareness and linguistic reflection.
Place and project based experiential outdoor environmental education for students ages 5-14.
“Unless we are willing to encourage our children to reconnect with the natural world, we can’t expect them to help protect and care for it.”
– David Suzuki
- CHICKADEE: Hands-on thematic environmental education for 5 year olds.
- MAGPIES: Project-based and place-based environmental education for 6-7 year olds.
- RAVENS: Project-based environmental education for 8-9 year olds.
- EAGLES: Project-based environmental education for 8-9 year olds.
- OWLS: Project-based environmental education for 12-13 year olds.
- SANDHILL CRANES: Project-based environmental education for 12-14 year old girls.
- NATURAL NUMBERS & NOUNS: Math & language arts skills through nature-based projects.