Weight Room & Climbing Wall
Your fitness connection in the Atwood Center
We are now open to the general public! If you aren’t student or staff please call 907-564-8614 for a pre-entry health check and to gain access to the gym. If you have Covid signs or symptoms please keep the campus safe and stay home.
- Masks are required
- Maintain 6ft distance
- Numbers of participants will be limited in the gym
- Wash and sanitize hands on entering and exiting the gym
- Contact tracing is required
- Sanitize surfaces after using equipment-Sanitizer will be provided
Want to get your workout fix? Come down to the basement level of the Atwood Center to check out our Weight Room & Rock Climbing Wall. The exercise area features free weights, weight-lifting machines, and a variety of cardio equipment. Or, you can try your hands (and feet) on our rock climbing wall!
Hours of Operation Session September 20 – December 10
Weight Room & Climbing Wall (Atwood Center Basement)
Mon, Wed, Thur 11-3 & 5-9pm
Tue & Fri 11-3 & 6-9
Equipment Rentals Curbside (Atwood Center)!
Mon-Fri 11-3 & 5-9
|APU Alumni||UAA||General Public|
|10 Punch Pass||$20||$30||$45|
|Climbing Shoe Rental||$1||$2||$2|
Passes can be purchased at the weight room.
New CLIMBING WALL Safety Protocols:
- Climbers must sanitize hands between ‘problems’ or when moving to other areas on the wall. Hand sanitizer is provided.
- Climbers will be reminded to social distance and capacity limits will be monitored by staff.
- Used rented shoes or harness will be set aside for 48 hours and/or sanitized with a spray or fogger machine. Used Equipment will go into a designated quarantine bin for patrons to deposit the equipment.
- We do not rent climbing ropes
- Wall to Wall daily disinfecting with the sprayer or fog machine.