- Program Head in Biological and Ecosystem Science – International Pacific Halibut Commission
- Ph.D. Fisheries, University of Washington, 1993
- Ph.D. Biological Sciences, University of Barcelona, 1989
- M.A. Endocrinology, University of California, Berkeley, 1988
- B.Sc. Biological Sciences, University of Barcelona, 1984
Dr. Josep Planas is currently Head of the Biological and Ecosystem Science Program at the International Pacific Halibut Commission in Seattle, WA. Dr. Planas holds a B.Sc. degree in Biology (1984) from the University of Barcelona (Spain), a M.A. degree in Zoology (1988) from the University of California (Berkeley, CA), and a Ph.D. degree in Fisheries (1993) from the University of Washington (Seattle, WA). After postdoctoral positions at the University of Washington (1993-1996) and the University of Barcelona (1996-1997), Dr. Planas joined the Faculty at the School of Biology of the University of Barcelona, where he was first Assistant Professor and subsequently tenured Associate Professor until 2015. Dr. Planas is a fish physiologist with expertise in fish reproductive endocrinology, growth and metabolic regulation, immunology, and genomics and has authored more than 85 papers in peer-reviewed journals on this variety of topics.
Learn more at: