Alaska Pacific University offers a scholarship for current/active employees, board members, and dependents of the Alaska Tribal Health System and an additional scholarship for current/active ANTHC employees who are Alaska Native or American Indian.
Alaska Tribal Health System Scholarship
Employees, board members, and their dependents must complete both processes below:
- Complete the ATHS scholarship application, employment verification authorization form and submit a copy of your Certificate of Indian Blood documentation (if applicable) by the deadlines set by the Financial Aid Office, depending on the University Academic Calendar.
Employment Verification Submission Requirement Updates
- Employment verifications are due no later than the Friday before your first class begins. Some examples are below:
- If you are enrolled in Session only courses, your employment verification must be received no later than the Friday before SESSION starts.
- If you are enrolled in Block & Session, your employment verification must be received no later than the Friday before BLOCK starts.
- Employment verification forms cannot be submitted more than 30-days before the start of the semester. Early submissions will be rejected, and you will be required to resubmit.
Contact the Financial Aid Office at 907-564-8341 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding eligibility or submission deadlines.
Scholarship availability, terms, and conditions are reviewed annually.
Alaska Tribal Health System Scholarship Programs
Early Honors Program ATHS Scholarship
This full tuition scholarship for High School student dependents of employees enrolled in the APU Early Honors program. Up to five discounts are available.
The ATHS Scholarship*
This program is for degree and certificate-seeking students in most APU programs. Amounts vary depending on the degree level (undergraduate or graduate) and enrollment type (full-time or part-time).
Specialty programs, like the Alaska Native Executive Leadership Program (ANELP), and any partnership programs where students are receiving discounted tuition and/or fee rates, such as the Undergraduate Community Health or Health Occupations Certificates, do not qualify.
ANTHC Employee Match Scholarship
APU will contribute an additional scholarship toward the remaining total tuition due, which is the student’s responsibility to pay after applying for the ATHS scholarship. To qualify, the ANTHC employee must be Alaska Native or American Indian. Please submit a copy of documentation of your Alaska Native/American Indian heritage (e.g., Tribal enrollment, ANC shareholder status, or BIA card) and employment verification form to the Financial Aid Office. APU’s additional scholarship contribution will not exceed the remaining cost of tuition.
Eligibility is determined the same way as the ATHS scholarship above using the scholarship application on the APU website.
*Amounts may not exceed the remaining cost of tuition when combined with other institutional scholarships and discounts, APU donor-funded scholarships, Federal Student Aid grants, and state scholarships and grants. Scholarship availability, terms, and conditions are reviewed annually.
Frequently Asked Questions