Title IX Compliance
Title IX Coordinator
Title IX Deputies
- Dr. Hilton Hallock, Faculty Issues | email@example.com | 907-564-8209 | Grant Hall, 102
- Chandler Stroup, Student Issues | firstname.lastname@example.org | 907-564-8299 | Atwood Center, 108
- Kathleen Wyrick, Staff Issues | email@example.com | 907-564-8265 | Grant Hall, 120
Statement of Title IX Compliance
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX) prohibits discrimination based on gender in educational programs which receive federal financial assistance. Areas of the institution where Title IX may have application include athletics, student recruitment and admissions, financial aid, scholarships, course offerings and access, employment, and housing and residential services. Title IX also protects students and employees, both male and female, from unlawful sexual harassment in school programs and activities, as well as sexual assault, which are both forms of unlawful discrimination under Title IX.
Alaska Pacific University has established a committee of Title IX Coordinators each of who have specific knowledge to respond to concerns in all areas described herein. Inquiries related to this policy can be directed to the Controller, who serves as chair of the Title IX Coordinating Committee and is the University’s central Title IX Coordinator.
Individuals may also contact the Office for Civil Rights of the U.S. Department of Education.
Non-Retaliation, Intimidation and Coercion
Alaska Pacific University strictly prohibits retaliation by, for or against any participant (complainant, respondent, or witness) for making a good faith report of any conduct, act or practice believed to violate this policy, or any other University policy or standard of conduct, or participating in good faith in the University’s investigation of any reported violation. Retaliatory action of any kind is conduct subject to discipline. Any person who thinks he/she has been the victim of retaliation should contact the Title IX Coordinator immediately.
Title IX Training
Training for individuals responsible for compliance with Title IX is an ongoing effort. Please see below for links to the training that all or some of our Title IX Team has received:
OCR Webinar: Title IX Regulations Addressing Sexual Harassment
Thompson Coburn LLP: Title IX Training Series Materials
NACUA: Title IX Coordinator Training deck slides
- Title IX Course Module One Slides
- Title IX Course Module Two Slides
- Title IX Course Module Three Slides
- Title IX Class 1 – Definitions, Jurisdiction, and Preliminary Matters
- Title IX Class 2 – Conducting a Title IX Investigation
- Title IX Class 3 – The Grievance Process – Hearings & Appeals
- Title IX Class 4 – Anatomy of an OCR Investigation
- Title IX Class 5 – Title IX Training & Policies