What to Bring
This is a checklist for students who are living on campus.
This check list is merely a suggestion; feel free to bring whatever would make you feel more comfortable. Campus Life will provide you with your roommate information. Feel free to contact each other regarding items you may bring to campus.
Each room comes with the following: a bed, dresser, lamp, desk, and either a wardrobe or a closet. You may consider bringing a personal computer, but we do have computer labs on campus in case you do not own one.
Items you will need to bring or purchase when you arrive at APU.
- Bed linens and a pillow (regular twin size)
- Bathroom towels
- Laundry detergent & laundry basket (laundry machines only accept quarters, coin machines are available on site)
- Cooking utensils (For those living in Segelhorst or University Row)
- Clothes hangers
- Surge protectors (regular extension cords are NOT permitted)
- Microwave and mini-fridge (optional)
- Television (optional)
What NOT to bring to APU:
- Illegal drugs or alcohol
- Weapons or ammunition of any kind
- Candles, incense, fireworks, explosives, gasoline, chemicals, and hazardous materials or anything that can create an open flame
- High wattage electrical appliances such as toasters, hot plates, space heaters, toaster ovens and halogen lamps (University Village and Segelhorst residents can use toasters and toaster ovens in their kitchens)
- Pets (fish are permitted in a tank 10 gallons or less)
For more information please see the student life handbook and if you have further questions, please contact Campus Life offices 907-564-8299.
Check with your roommate before coming to campus!
We will provide you with your roommate’s contact information before you come to campus, so don’t forget to talk to each other about things than may be shared in the room, such as stereos, TV, game systems, or microwaves.